Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Concerns

Currently I am a substitute teacher, hence I do not always have an opportunity to develop a real rapport with the students.  Because I sub K-12, I am potentially changing gears daily.  I could be in kindergarten on Monday and High School physics on Tuesday.  With this type of schedule I must always be mindful of where I am and how I present myself to the students.  I never know how things I say or do are going to be interpreted or repeated.

Once I have my own students my concerns will shift to the balancing act of keeping higher functioning students engaged and interested while not leaving lower students in the dust.  I know I will also be very concerned with creating the best learning environment possible for all levels of learners.  I really haven't given much thought about "legal" issues.  I am much more concerned with my ability to effectively manage required curriculum and the overall learning experience of my students.  I am a big believer that learning should be fun!  In order for that to happen sometimes you have to think outside the box.  This doesn't always mesh with what parents and/or administrators think you should be doing in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment